You are here
UCC Hardware Engineering and Maintenances Department provides comprehensive support for all your home or small business computers and networks at a great value. We can provide desktop and laptop technical support for over 50 software applications and hardware including all peripherals (printers, scanners, external hard drives, etc.)
We can help with a range of computer problems: from simple start-up errors and device conflicts to blue screen errors, system freezing and hardware failures. Whatever your issue, avoid the headache and hassle of a broken PC with our great value hourly computer repair service.
We can get your PC or server back up and running fast and efficiently so you can get on with your life and make the most of your computer.
Our consultants are trained to fix most technical problems, whether it is a software or hardware related issues. Perhaps, your computer has crashed or maybe you would like broadband installed for a speedier Internet connection. Whatever the problem - we can help.
Some of our most popular services are listed below:
- Assistance when the computer does not start
- Security Software Installation
- Computer Tune Up
- Computer crash recovery
- Laptop Repair
- Virus removal and protection of the computer
- Setting up of a computer on networks
- Programme installation and configuration
- Data recovery
- Safe data removal
- ICT Hardware installation
- Hardware repairs
- LAN/WAN installation & repairs
- CCTV consultation, installation & repair
- Broadband and Wireless installation & configuration
If your problem is really urgent, we can arrange for a consultant to be with you within 2 hours of your initial call.
If you find that your frequent calling upon our services consumes much of your money or credits, you should consider using our live support online and offline features.
Our charges are based on the urgency of your requirement.
For immediate attention, please book our 'Emergency Service' or if your problem is less urgent then book our 'Standard Service'.
Type of Service
Cost per hour
Within 2 working hours of initial call
2 working hours or more of initial call
Our technicians are available for appointments from 9am - 4pm, Monday to Friday.
We offer a range of other off-site services including:
- Back-up service* - Back-ups for laptops, desktops, external hard drives and internal hard drive, from as low as Tshs.30,0000*
*Up to 5CD's or 2 DVD's or 30GB on External Hard Disk. If we supply the hard disk an additional cost will apply
- Data recovery - Recovery of data from laptop and desktop hard disks. From as low as Tshs 50,000
- Safe data removal - If you would like to be absolutely sure that no one will be able to recover any data from your hard disk after you re-cycle it. From as low as Tshs 20,000
- Hardware repairs - We are able to fix most hardware problems. We can run diagnostic tests at a cost of Tshs 10,000 excluding VAT. If we feel the repair will take more than two hours or extra parts are required, we will call you before we undertake any work.
There are no additional charges other than software or parts required for the service and we do not charge a call out fee around University of Dar es Salaam Cumpus.
Call PC Service today on 0713-080-136 or
Why Choose UCC Ltd - Hardware Engineering and Maintenances Department
- We can quickly solve all computer problems
We understand that computer problems can be very frustrating so we endeavour to minimise stress from the moment you contact us. At Hardware Engineering and Maintenances Department, we believe that all calls are different and therefore all enquiries are answered by a client service manager, not an automated recorded message.*
- Appointments at a time that suits you
All our appointments are arranged at a time that suits you. We even offer an emergency 2 working hour service if you have a really urgent problem.
- No techno-speak
All our technicians have been trained to speak to you without the use of technical jargon. They will clearly explain what the problem is and where possible, how it could be avoided in the future.
- The home computer specialists
Our technicians have an in depth understanding of all the latest software and hardware and will provide basic training to familiarise you with your systems.
- We can help with other technology too
Our technicians have a broad knowledge of technology. So as well as helping you with your computer problems we can also help with MP3 players, PDAs, Digital Cameras, Macs, laptops and printers etc.
- All work is guaranteed**
All our work is guaranteed, so in the unlikely event you continue to experience the problem, we will fix it free of charge.
* During office hours
** All our work is guaranteed for 7 days so that if the same problem re-occurs we will fix it free of charge. Please note this does not apply to the re-occurence of spyware or viruses